For the past several years, James Lech has served as an advisor to dog owners around the world. A recognized authority on canine psychology and physical rehabilitation he has been honored consistently for his simple approach and humanitarian endeavors. Dubbed by the media and other professionals as “Africa’s Dog Whisperer”. His humanitarian efforts involve helping shelters raise funds, training demonstrations and transformation programs. Lech has directly impacted the lives of thousands of people with his TV and radio shows, written articles, public speaking engagements and live events.
What began as a young person’s desire to help individuals transform the quality of their lives with their canine friend has grown into Lech’s lifelong crusade as he is called on by leaders from every walk of life- political leaders, advocates for humanity, scientists, trainers, psychologists, behaviorists, peak performance trainers, veterinarians, entertainers, teachers, and parents.
Lech is a gifted and well-renowned dog behavioral specialist, who has achieved an extremely high dog physical and psychological rehabilitation success rate and status in South Africa. James has gained experience through working with a variety of dogs, from Pugs to Rottweilers, with a wide range of behavioral issues, anything from insecurity to severe ”Red Zone” aggression.
James promises to transform any deviant dog and his/her owner’s life through his profound understanding of canine psychology; all realized by revisiting dogs’ behaviour in their natural environment, where life and survival centre around pack leadership. As a dog owner and lover, it is essential to understand this concept and behave accordingly, as the pack leader. The secret is not to allow your dog to “lead” you, you need to lead him/her. The essence is to strike a balance by following James’ premise of following the rule of nature.
Our primary objective, in James’ words, is “to help humans become more in touch with nature through their dogs so that they can both live a happy and well balanced life”
Thus cases across the spectrum shall be covered – from over-spoilt lap dogs to hyper active collies; attention-seeking mutts to cowering curs; aggressive bandits to barking maniacs; lazy, fat ladies to fussy little eaters; over bred ‘aristocrats’ to mangy cross breeds; over sexed males to dominant females ….and so, the list goes on. We will find our cast from all over the country including glitzy gated areas, shady shanties, opulent apartments, faraway farms, suburban homes, peri-urban plots, rural retreats, troubled townships…Anywhere and everywhere where people have a difficulty with their dog, be it a guard dog or a pampered pet.
More about James
Born in South Africa into a family of healers (Doctors, Geneticists and Scientists), it was only natural that he would go on to become a healer himself, although he did not expect to become a Shaman in the realm of dogs. As a child, James was able to tune-in, communicate with and understand nature, energy and animals on a deeper level.
- Holds an Animal Wrangler License. State issued Animal(Dog) Training License.
- Is an Accredited Behaviorist in Advanced Canine Management (UK)
- A member of the International Association of Assistance Dog Partners (IAADP)
- A member of the International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP) – Professional Level.
- A Provider Member of the International Association of Assistance Dog Partners (IAADP)).
- A Provider Member on The United States Service Dog Registry.
- Body Ecologist
- Consultant and speaker to shelter groups and non-profit organizations. Click here to find out more…
- Consultant and Trainer to Veterinarians.
- A writer for dog related articles for different publications. Click here to find out more…
- Host of the radio show “Dog Whispering with the Dog Shaman James Lech” on ChaiFM.
- Guest speaker on radio and TV shows.Click here to find out more…
- Speaker at the South African World of Dogs and Cats Expo (WODAC).
- Main speaker at the MARS – Manufacturers of Pedigree & Royal Canine Food fun day.
- A guest speaker at the South African Butler Academy.
- A guest speaker at Dog Breeder Associations.